natural skin care ideas
Insect Repellent Spray:
- Purchase a plastic 4oz bottle with a spray nozzle (you can find these at many drugstores).
- To the bottle, add the following:
- ¾ ounce of vodka (alcohol helps disperse the essential oils)
- One ounce of soybean oil or Neem infused oil (if neither is available then use any carrier oil)
- Two ounces of witch hazel water (I prefer Thayer’s) (or distilled water if you don’t have witch hazel)
- Ten drops of either lemon eucalyptus or eucalyptus
- 40 drops of any of the following combinations:
basil, catnip oil, clove, fennel, geranium, lavender, lemon, lemon grass, rosemary, yarrow and ylang-ylang
Always shake well before using!
Natural Lip Balm
Why pay a lot of money for something that is so easy to make? Here is a quick and easy recipe for making your own lip balm.
- 1 ounce of carrier oil
- ½ ounce cocoa or shea butter
- ½ ounce beeswax (pastilles are easiest to use)
Other oils you might like to add:
- Vitamin E oil
- Essential oils (10-20 drops depending on oil)
This makes about 10 tubes of lip balm in a .15oz (some oil is lost to the beaker). You can also put it into small empty jars, so start saving those now!
Warm the oil and the beeswax together—temperature should be warm enough to have the beewax melt, but no more.
Once melted, add the essential oils and stir (I use a chop stick). To test the consistency, dip a spoon in the mixture and the put it in the freezer for on minute. Take it out and see if you like it. If it’s too thick, add a bit more oil, if it’s too thin, add a bit more beeswax.