Making your own insect repellent
Insect Repellent Spray: Always shake well before using!
- Purchase a plastic 4oz bottle with a spray nozzle (you can find these at many drugstores).
- To the bottle, add the following:
- ¾ ounce of vodka (alcohol helps disperse the essential oils)
- One ounce of organic sesame, soybean or Neem infused oil (if neither is available then use any carrier oil)
- Two ounces of witch hazel water (I prefer Thayer’s) (or distilled water if you don’t have witch hazel)
- Ten drops of either lemon eucalyptus or eucalyptus
- 40 drops of any of the following combinations:
basil, catnip oil, clove, fennel, geranium, lavender, lemon, lemon grass, rosemary, yarrow and ylang-ylang
Always shake well before using.